The ANDE West Africa Chapter is proud to announce an upcoming bilingual convening tagged ‘Made in West Africa – Creative Industry’ in Senegal. The event will build on discussions from the first edition of ‘Made in WAF’ event which was held on the 9th of February, 2023 in partnership with Entrepreneurial Solutions Partners (ESP), that allowed actors of the entrepreneurial ecosystem discuss development opportunities for the Ivorian and African private sector.
The upcoming “Made in WAF – Creative Industry” will include an interactive program that will examine the Senegalese enabling environment and review the policies currently in place, and what needs to be done to transform the creative sector and stimulate economic growth in the region.
Takeaway for participants:
- Identify current gaps and needs of creative industry actors
- The creative economy in developing countries is largely based on informal cultural systems. To study the links between the informal and formal sectors of this creative economy in order to put in place adequate policies.
- Analyze the critical success factors that contribute to creating new opportunities for the development of the local creative economy.
- Acknowledge that, beyond its economic benefits, the creative economy also generates non-monetary value that contributes significantly to the achievement of inclusive and sustainable societal development.
- How to invest in the development of sustainable creative businesses along the value chain.
Kindly click the ‘REGISTER’ link at the top left corner of this page to register.