ESO-Investor Information Session
Are you an investor or Enterprise Support Organisation -ESO working in the waste management and circular economy sector? If you are an ESO or investor seeking to build capacity and knowledge to support circular innovation in Kenya, join our virtual information session on “Scaling Investment Readiness for Waste Management and Circular Innovation in Kenya”
ANDE and IKEA Foundation came together in 2021 to strengthen the green entrepreneurial ecosystem in Kenya. Phase I of the project primarily focused on understanding the opportunities, needs and challenges of green businesses in Kenya. While the research identified enormous market potential in waste management and circular economy, a major constraint identified was a lack of appropriate finance in the sector for Small and Growing Businesses-SGBs.
Phase II of the ANDE- IKEA Foundation partnership in 2023-2026, therefore aims to make finance more accessible to waste management and circular economy ventures in Kenya through various interventions. The project will seek to:
- Enhance the availability of early-stage capital by bridging investor knowledge gaps through circular economy focused Investment Management Training- IMT.
- Build capacity to support Impact Measurement and Management- IMM in the sector.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to address policy challenges related to the informal waste sector, specifically concerning access to capital, formalization, and scaling.
- Identify and pilot innovative approaches to strengthen technical assistance, catalyse innovation and unlock greater financing to the waste management and circular economy sector.
- Expand intermediary support to prepare ventures for investment.
Join us for a virtual information sharing session to get more details on:
- How you can collaborate with ANDE on these interventions.
- How you can participate and inform the design of Kenya Circular Innovation Fund.
- 5 mins -Welcome and Introduction
- 10 mins – ANDE-IKEA Phase II Project Overview
- 10 mins – Q & A
- 40 mins – Consultation and Feedback – Kenya Circular Investment Innovation Fund
- 5 mins – Closing and Next steps
If you’d like to participate in the session please register via the link below