ANDE and the IKEA Foundation came together in 2021 to strengthen the green entrepreneurial ecosystem in India. Phase I of the project primarily focussed on understanding the needs and expectations of green businesses and the kind of challenges they are facing.
The research identified enormous market potential in waste management and circular economy.
However, a major constraint identified was the scarcity of funding in this sector.
Phase II of the project, therefore, aims to make finance more accessible to waste management and circular economy SGBs in India.
Moving into Phase II, the project aims to:
- Enhance the availability of early-stage capital for SGBs by bridging investors’ knowledge gaps.
- Expand intermediary support to prepare ventures for investment.
- Collaborate with local policy advocacy experts to address policy challenges related to the informal waste sector, specifically concerning access to capital, formalization, and scaling.
Join us for a virtual info sharing session to get more details on how you can collaborate with ANDE and inform the design of:
1. Waste and Circularity Investor Cohort:
- Investment Manager Training
- Waste and Circularity Investment Guides
- Investor-ESO Workshops
- Impact Measurement and Management Capacity Building
2. Investment Innovation Fund
3. Policy Working Group