The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. ANDE is a global membership network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty.
Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises over 230 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries. Members of ANDE include both for and nonprofit investment funds, capacity development providers, research and academic institutions, development finance institutions, foundations, and corporations from around the world. Based in Washington, D.C. with eight regional offices in emerging markets, the ANDE team works hard to support members globally, and locally, while building strong ecosystems for entrepreneurial growth. ANDE develops unique initiatives to address systemic challenges and seize opportunities that can only be approached through collective action.
ANDE’s Central America and Mexico Chapter is currently seeking a part-time Monitoring and Evaluation Intern to be based in Mexico.
As the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern for ANDE’s Central America and Mexico (CAM) Chapter, you will be a vital member of the chapter staff, playing a key role in monitoring and evaluating the impact of various initiatives specifically focused on the Central America and Mexico region. Your role involves understanding the needs of ANDE members in the region and contributing effectively to the chapter’s daily operations. You will assist the CAM Program Coordinator and provide essential administrative support for the efficient functioning of local operations.
This position reports directly to the CAM Program Coordinator. This position is expected to work up to 24 hours/ week (part-time). The salary range for this position is 10,000 Pesos/month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the design of performance indicators and monitoring frameworks for entrepreneurship support programs.
- Collect, analyze, and organize data from submitted projects.
- Contribute to the evaluation of projects, identifying strengths and areas for improvement.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Work with communication and project development teams to disseminate results and promote best practices.
- Engage in meetings and closely collaborate with other departments within the organization.
- Offer a flexible part-time schedule.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Enrolled in or a recent graduate of a graduate/undergraduate program focusing on project evaluation, entrepreneurship, social sciences, or related fields.
- Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Analytical skills with the ability to handle both quantitative and qualitative data effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Proficient in computer tools such as Excel and statistical software.
This internship presents a unique opportunity to engage in meaningful work, contributing to the assessment and improvement of impactful initiatives in the entrepreneurial landscape of Central America and Mexico.
Please submit an application including resume and cover letter through the online portal.
Position is only open to local applicants from Mexico. Applicants must have all necessary permissions to work in Mexico.
This position is being recruited through the Aspen Institute and for its work. Candidates will be hired by a local partner who will serve as the employer of record.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation regarding the accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, contact HRSupport@aspeninstitute.org or call (202) 736-5800.