Date Posted 02/01/2024
Application deadline 12/06/2023
Type of Position Full-time
Education Requirement Master
About the Role
The Senior Associate, Nutritious Foods Financing (N3F) Technical Assistance & Impact will work on GAIN’s N3F programme, focusing on two key areas:
- Provide technical assistance to the N3F SME investees operating across the food value chain in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Monitor the impact of the technical assistance to ensure the quality-of-service providers. The Senior Associate will gather feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of the TA Process and will assist our MEL expert in the monitoring of nutrition impact of SMEs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify technical assessment needs of SMEs operating in food value chains that are potential investees for the N3F Fund, working together with the investment officers at our partner asset manager, Incofin Investment Management
- Actively participate in the design of technical assistance support packages tailored to individual SMEs and group training according to common needs in the portfolio.
- Perform matchmaking between TA requirements and service providers, coordinate engagements between GAIN, service providers, and our beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the implementation of TA projects between the service provider and the SME.
- Fine-tune documented procedures, monitoring mechanisms, and feedback forms for the provision of TA to SMEs.
- Identify and perform due diligence on a roster of qualified service providers in N3F’s scoping countries.
- Coordinate collaborations with external impact consulting firms, with the support of our MEL specialist and the Senior Lead of Innovative Finance.