This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Office of Development Policy (ODP). The Environmental & Social Impact Analyst appraises and monitors the environmental, health, safety, social, & labor aspects of potential and previously-approved DFC-supported investments in Financial Intermediaries (FI) to identify risks and opportunities to add value to investment project structures and to ensure environmental & social compliance with applicable standards.
- Identifies, collects, and provides in-depth analysis of relevant information concerning the potential impacts of bank and investment fund investments on the environment and affected communities and workers near these investments
- Evaluates bank and investment fund Environmental and Social Management Systems, including policies, organizational capacity and competency, environmental and social procedures, and monitoring and review procedures, to ensure management systems are commensurate with the overall environmental and social risks of the portfolio of loans and investments
- Provides assistance to banks and investment funds in the management of environmental and social risks of their lending/investment activities, including transaction screening, appraisal and monitoring
- Monitors the environmental and social performance of Financial Intermediaries and their loans/investments through analysis of third-party monitoring reports and site visits
- Prepares reports outlining findings
Please Note: This is a Bargaining unit position represented by AFGE, local 1534.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- This position will require foreign travel to developing countries
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-11 level, if you fulfill one of the following qualification requirements:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to assess the environmental and/or social impact of an organization’s projects or investments;
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or possession of a LL.M. degree, if related. Graduate level education must demonstrate the competencies necessary to do the work of the position;
- A combination of education and experience as listed above.
Please Note: Applicants may be asked to produce a writing sample during the interview stage.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school’s definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/).
Telework Suitability: The duties of this position are suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment: Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Work Schedule: This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
Miscellaneous: DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.
**Applications for this position are only being accepted through USAJOBS and must be received no later than 11:59 pm (ET) on November 13th, 2023 to be considered.