The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE), a program of the Aspen Institute, is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in developing economies. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, ANDE believes that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty.
ANDE seeks a Membership and Events Coordinator to play a vital role in supporting ANDE’s mission to foster entrepreneurship in emerging markets. This position is instrumental in orchestrating impactful events and ensuring seamless membership engagement, thus contributing significantly to ANDE’s efforts in strengthening the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The ideal candidate enjoys a dynamic and fast-paced working environment, including executing administrative and logistical tasks around membership engagement and events. These tasks may include managing the member activation process, answering member questions, and supporting global staff with membership or event needs. A typical day might consist of a call with a potential member in Thailand, supporting a networking event for accelerators in West Africa, event preparation for ANDE’s Annual Conference with 300+ global leaders, running a Salesforce report, and sending out invoices to ensure member payments are on track.
This is a hybrid position, with a minimum of two days per week in the DC office. This position reports to the Membership and Programs Coordinator. The Salary range for this position is $52,000 – $61,000.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day work involves various administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment, from handling communication with potential and current members to managing the invoicing process from start to finish for 220 members.
- Provide administrative support for membership and events – including scheduling calls with members across the globe, maintaining a clean database, addressing logistical member requests about event registration, and crafting mass emails.
- Work closely with the events manager to support ANDE in organizing global events such as ANDE’s Annual Conference, Investment Manager Training, and London Member Meeting, setting up quarterly networking events, and hosting virtual events for members.
- Support the training of staff and interns on database management and website updates relevant to the MAP team.
- Conduct regular calls with members to provide member support and network connections. Work involves a high degree of engagement with members and strong customer-facing skills.
Knowledge, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training; and at least 1-2 years of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced international setting and logistics for events.
- Organized and detail-oriented: excels at handling multiple priorities, has excellent attention to detail, is forward-thinking, and loves developing and keeping processes on track.
- Strong relationship management skills: Clear written and verbal communicator with excellent sales and relationship management skills with ANDE members and across the global teams.
- Event management skills: Ability to support the planning and execution of large and small events, with a knowledge of technology.
- Administrative skills: Superstar administrator with a love for organization, clear processes, and work plans.
- Time management skills: Excels at time management, completing tasks at a high level of quality, and remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation: Can represent ANDE well with event participants, support ANDE staff as internal clients, and interface with external vendors and members.
- Sector interest: Interested in learning more about entrepreneurship in developing economies, how ANDE’s work supports the Sustainable Development Goals, and looking forward to daily engagement with ANDE’s global membership.
- Tech Savvy: Ready to take on new technologies and own technology processes. Experience with Salesforce, Cvent, Eventbrite, and WordPress a plus.
The Aspen Institute offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and prescription benefits, retirement benefits, and paid leave.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation regarding the accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, contact HRSupport@aspeninstitute.org or call (202) 736-5800.