This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Office of Development Policy (ODP). The Associate Vice President sets the strategy and implements the work plan for the Development Impact Division; oversees impact and economic risk assessments of potential investments and impact monitoring and management of active investments; shares lessons learned on project and portfolio impact performance; and ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees the activities of the Development Impact Division, to include impact management and monitoring, economic risk analysis, the measurement of private capital mobilization, a learning agenda, and portfolio evaluation.
- Leads ongoing development and implementation of DFC’s impact monitoring, management, and learning approach and guides ODP’s economic analysis work in alignment with global impact standards, principles, and tools.
- Directs, coordinates, and oversees work through subordinate supervisors.
- Leads the development of thought leadership on impact assessment and management and represents the Office of Development Policy in external events and panels on development impact matters.
Please Note: This is not a Bargaining unit position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Selection may require completion of a one-year supervisory or managerial probationary period unless met during prior Federal service
- Within 30 days of your start date, you will be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- This position will require foreign travel to developing countries
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-15 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to 1) provide expert guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the analysis of projected and actual development impacts of international development, international impact investing, and/or international finance projects; 2) review current development impact management policies and/or procedures and recommend changes to senior leadership; and 3) supervise a team, to include developing work plans and strategies and setting performance goals.
Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/).
Telework Suitability: The duties of this position are suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment: Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Work Schedule: This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
Miscellaneous: DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.
**Applications for this position are only being accepted through USAJobs. Use the following link to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/748504100. This announcement is set to close at 11:59 pm (ET) on October 10th, 2023. All applications must be received at the link provided by the closing date to be considered.