Project Lead / Engagement Managers
Help build gender inclusion through innovation in business and investment across the globe at Value for Women
Value for Women is a global social enterprise that is growing in leaps and bounds. We are looking for Project Leads and/or Engagement Managers will work with the best talent in the industry, and learn from a diverse mix of critical thinkers and problem solvers who work across a variety of fields including impact investing, sustainable energy, sustainable agriculture, financial inclusion, gender lens investing, inclusive entrepreneurship; by way of offering training, advisory, research, evaluation and technical assistance. You will sit at the forefront of generating innovative ideas and solutions related to gender inclusion that drive new ways of doing business and investment.
Value for Women is a global social enterprise that is growing in leaps and bounds. Since forming in 2012, Value for Women has grown from a team of 3 to a team of over 32 consultants operating from 14 countries across 5 continents. Our global team’s diverse experience allows us to engage on issues of gender through a regional and/or cultural lens, collaborating on projects that deliver the highest quality standards, and move the broader market forward on gender and social inclusion. In sum, our team is golden; our secret weapon, and our proudest resource. Joining this team will offer the chance for your collaborative, innovative and team-building skills to shine. You will be able to work from home, managing your own time across time zones with a results-driven mindset. This is often optimal for parents and for working toward work-life balance.
What do Project Leads and Engagement Managers do at Value for Women ?
Project Leads and Engagement Managers work with the Value for Women global team leveraging multi-continental knowledge and a diversity of talent to solve clients challenges with the delivery of gender lens advisory services and the delivery of high quality technical products to clients around the world. They oversee project management and implementation to deliver utmost excellence, have advanced levels of content expertise and bring high levels of competency in delivering advisory services to companies, financial institutions, development finance institutions and/or investors.
What impact do Project Leads and Engagement Managers make?
Are you passionate about gender equality, diversity and inclusion? Do you want to make a difference by helping clients make tangible changes for women’s equality? There is a growing demand from business and stakeholders to assess, change and report on their impacts. Together with your colleagues, you will help clients integrate gender equality into their business strategy to become a more ethical and inclusive business.
What do Project Leads and Engagement Managers do?
You will support the delivery of projects to help achieve measurable gains for gender equality.
- Manage a select group of projects at Value for Women
- Lead and oversee a select group of gender lens advisory engagements with companies, financial institutions, fund managers/investors, and other private sector organisations
- Ensure quality control of project deliverables to ensure we meet and exceed expectations
- Review and sign off on key client deliverables and any external-facing materials
- Keeps teams coordinated on project plans and updates projects systems where needed
- Advise and guide on technical content in one practice area
- Manage a select group of projects at Value for Women
- Manage Client and Team Relationships
- Supports senior team in managing client relationships
- Ensure the project team is surpassing client expectations
- Helps build Technical Expertise and contributes to Thought Leadership
- Leads studies and knowledge products including implementing research methods, analysing data, market studies and writing results
- Captures and contributes to internal lessons learned to help shape organisational learning and growth
- Supports growth, sustainability and inclusive business operations
- Leads the development and writing of project proposals, work plans and methodologies
- Contributes toward driving the business forward and creating an inclusive organisation
- Leads troubleshooting and proactive problem solving
Find a more detailed job description in the careers section at https://www.v4w.org/careers/project-lead-engagement-manager
Who are we looking for?
- Experience working in the energy, agriculture and/or financial services sectors, specifically providing consulting services to businesses, investment funds, accelerators/incubators, and/or development finance institutions (DFIs) in these industries is an asset
- Research and writing experience is an asset
- Able to work in fast-paced, dynamic team and consultancy environment, working independently as part of a remote international team
- Is an expert problem solver who is quick to adapt to changing realities
- Client-centric orientation and understanding of how to manage diverse client relationships in a consulting setting
- Uphold the principles of trust, equality of opportunities, transparency and collaboration
- Positive attitude and optimism about the role of small and growing businesses in generating positive social impact
- The ability to thrive in a matrix-based organisational structure; operating internationally as a distributed team across the globe
- Learning, adapting, and demonstrating their excitement for contributing to the growth of a small and growing business with a social mission
- Upholds the principles of trust, equality of opportunities, transparency and collaboration
- Maintain a positive attitude and optimistic attitude and excitement for contributing to the growth of a small and growing business with a social mission
- Demonstrated alignment with Value for Women’s mission, vision and ways of working
What experience is needed?
- 8-10 years of professional experience, 2+ years ideally in gender lens advisory services within the impact investing, entrepreneurship, and/or financial inclusion space
- Relevant experience working in an emerging market context
- 3+ years of advisory or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical expertise in promoting gender equality, women’s economic empowerment, women’s entrepreneurship and/or working within the entrepreneurship ecosystem, financial inclusion, agriculture, sustainable energy space in emerging markets
- High competency in advisory services skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, project management, written and verbal communication.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English and ideally professionally fluent in at least one other language, preferably French or Arabic
- Higher level education in business, economics, finance, gender and women’s studies or international relations or development is desired
- International experience working in your own region, and across borders
Where does this role fit into the organisation?
Project Leads and/or Engagement Managers report to Senior Engagement Managers who ensure efficient delivery of VFW Advisory Services to our clients.
How much does this role pay?
VFW exclusively hires self-employed individuals, and fees are based on a daily rate. Fees are determined by a range of factors including technical skill level and expertise, years of expertise and longevity as a consultant.
Diversity & Inclusion
It’s our mission to unleash potential and we know teams perform best when they are diverse and every team member feels they belong. It’s the unique contributions of all at Value for Women that drives our success and the meaningful work we do.
We are a diverse group of individuals with a wide range of backgrounds including gender, race, ethnicity, geography, cultures and beliefs, as well as experience and education, and our hiring practices aim to deepen that. Application success is based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or disability.
We encourage applications from emerging market professionals who are from and live in the countries we work (primarily Africa and Asia,) as well as individuals identifying as Black, Afro-descendant, and/or Indigenous. However, we do not ask applicants to disclose this. We aim for the composition of our team to reflect the diverse nature of both the work we carry out, and the world we live in and are striving to change.
Step 1: Submit your online application here https://forms.gle/JC1sg1DvXqhfKpAr5 by October 13th 2023 including your CV and Cover Letter. If you encounter any problem when filling out your online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Shortlist. Our recruiting team reaches out if your profile is a match, and you will be invited to a Interview #1, a video call interview with our HR Manager
Step 3: Interview#2 : Written Interview. We invite you to participate in a written interview. You are asked to upload your responses or send them back to us within 4 days. You can ask for more time if you have other commitments already scheduled.
Step 4: Interview #3. Successful candidates are asked for a 45 minute video call interview. This is a chance for you to ask us questions too.
Step 5: Final Interview! This is the really short- shortlist, and you are a finalist.
While we do our best to make our recruitment process quick, it can take up to 2 months to get to Step 5, depending on how many amazing applicants we receive. We appreciate your interest and patience. You can always reach out to ask about the status of your application at email@example.com. While we do our best to offer feedback to unsuccessful candidates, this is not always possible due to the volume of applications we receive.
Check us out on www.v4w.org and @ValueforWomen