DFC ranked a Best Places to Work in 2022.
Located within the Office of Structured Finance & Insurance, the incumbent of this position serves as an officer managing a range of projects, including some that may be complex or sensitive. The incumbent is responsible for carrying out the full range of new project financings and undertake all tasks required to process transactions from initial screening through due diligence, negotiating and structuring, approval, documentation, closing and funding.
As a Project Finance Associate / Project Finance Associate Director, you will:
- Handle a range of activities in the structured debt finance origination process, including reviewing business plans, off-take agreements, financial model projections, and financial model sensitivities for structured debt finance applications.
- Analyze the nature of the investment, equity and debt instruments involved in projects overseas.
- Prepare portions of necessary documents and memoranda required in the Agency’s approval process.
- Negotiate terms and conditions in contracts and structured debt finance agreements.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Conduct outreach to expand the prospective structured debt finance pipeline.
- Serve as point of contact for day-to-day advancement of transactions, including scheduling and attending calls; project management and planning; coordinating among the client, advisors and financing partners; and generally managing the multifaceted workstreams required to advance transactions to commitment.
- Oversee ancillary workstreams related to transactions including working with clients to complete DFC forms, liaising with DFC’s environmental and social team, reviewing know-your-customer diligence results, and similar routine tasks that must be completed on all transactions.
Please Note: This is a Bargaining unit position represented by AFGE, local 1534.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Within 30 days of your start date, you will be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- This position will require foreign travel to developing countries
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements: 5) Experience identifying international financial or investment policy issues to identify TWO of the following three areas: political, economic or credit risks of projects located outside the United States.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your experience in all of the following:
- Experience working with a team on international projects or investments while working at a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or multilateral organization;
- Experience reviewing financial statements for businesses located in developing countries;
- Experience building financial models to determine ability of a company to repay its debt and sensitivity analyses to test those assumptions;
- Experience conducting analyses in THREE of the following four areas:
- financial analysis of international ventures,
- calculating credit risk exposure of international ventures,
- detailed credit analysis of international ventures, or
- market analysis of business ventures in developing countries; and
Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements: 2) Experience creating, analyzing, auditing, and running sensitivities on financial models for debt finance in the project finance manner for projects located in developing markets; Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your experience in all of the following:
- Conducting and reviewing project finance loan origination, including FIVE of the following:
- financial analysis
- legal structuring
- economic or political risk analysis
- detailed credit analysis
- presentation to Finance Credit approval committees as part of a team
- loan negotiations of limited recourse finance transactions in developing countries;
- Working on international investments or international financial transactions in a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or multilateral organization; and
- Experience in the financial services industry with experience gained in at least THREE of the following areas:
- project finance
- corporate finance
- credit analysis
- international investments
- commercial/investment banking
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur.
Salary will be based upon the locality pay areas, as defined by OPM, and will be adjusted based upon the selectee’s duty location.
This position is eligible to be 100% remote. The option to work out of the DFC’s office in downtown Washington, DC is available to candidates who are interested. If applicants select Washington, DC as their preferred duty station, the selectee will be expected to report to the office and follow the agency’s telework policy.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/).
Telework Suitability: The duties of this position are suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment: Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Work Schedule: This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
Miscellaneous: DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.
**Applications for this position are only being accepted through USAJobs. Use the following link to apply: https://dfc.usajobs.gov/job/741717800. This announcement is set to close at 11:59 pm (EST) on September 1st, 2023. All applications must be submitted at the link provided by the closing date to be considered.