DFC ranked a Best Places to Work in 2022.
This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Office of Development Credit, Climate Team. As a Project Finance Specialist you will perform a full range of duties related to the analysis and procedures of new project financings from initial screening through due diligence, negotiating and structuring, approval, documentation, closing and disbursement across geographic locations and/or sectors around the world.
- The incumbent will serve as a junior officer in support of project eligibility screening, project intake and incubation, and project and/or corporate finance underwriting and analysis across an array of sectors and geographic locations around the world.
- Identifies clients and projects that have the potential to fit well with the financing criteria and impact objectives of DFC conducting pre-screening evaluations to determine whether to screen formally and initiate due diligence.
- Performs analysis of and due diligence on proposals for financing to assess their feasibility and risk with respect to financial performance, operation, management, governance and legal, and achievement of expected impact.
- Works with and modifies sponsor-provided financial projections to assess logical model construction and adequacy of business case assumptions for the proposed DFC financing.
- Organizes and conducts due diligence meetings and site visits with clients and other transaction parties, related parties, USAID and Embassy personnel as needed, and other sources to assess the application for DFC financing.
- Consults with industry experts on various aspects of proposed projects and assists in the selection and procurement of consulting services.
- Engages in negotiations with clients and other key interested parties on DFC financing terms as well as policy requirements.
- Works closely with DFC project attorneys and outside counsels to draft, negotiate, and achieve execution of all required financing documents, and with all internal and external parties as needed to conduct the first disbursement of DFC financing for the project.
Please Note: This is a Bargaining unit position represented by AFGE, local 1534.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Within 30 days of your start date, you will be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- evaluating the financial and economic feasibility of debt transactions for commercial/business activities in developing countries or international emerging markets;
- structuring debt financing for commercial or investment transactions in developing countries or international emerging markets; AND
- underwriting for project and/or corporate investment finance in international developing markets using development finance tools and/or methods.
Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/).
Telework Suitability: The duties of this position is suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment: Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Work Schedule: This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
Miscellaneous: DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.
**Applications for this position are only being accepted through USAJobs. Use the following link to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/741701000. This announcement is set to close at 11:59 pm (EST) on August 18th, 2023. All applications must be submitted at the link provided by the closing date to be considered.