LEAD – AFRICA, SATTVA CONSULTING
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
WHO WE ARE
Sattva Consulting is driven by the vision to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients – corporations, philanthropists, foundations DFIs, impact funds, private equity, venture capital investors, and social organisations – to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximise the social return on their investment.
Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us and our clients develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems. We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, which is guided by strong leadership and an advisory board with multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors. Our team of 500+ across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, London, and Copenhagen comes with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and is bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
Over the last 5 years, Sattva has been actively working in Africa. In this period, Sattva has completed 30+ engagements across 12 countries. Our work has focused on providing advisory support across research, impact strategy, capability development, and impact measurement. Sattva is now looking to establish an on-ground presence in Africa to drive a deeper impact in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to take on the position of Africa Lead for Sattva Consulting. As the Africa Lead, you will be the face of Sattva in Africa and will work closely with our clients to develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems. In this role, you will lead and grow existing key accounts, develop inroads into key customer segments, and contribute to the design and development of key strategic initiatives in healthcare, agriculture, women empowerment and related areas in the African region. As a member of the Sattva Leadership Team, you will report to the CEO and be responsible for translating the Sattva Values to the Africa Business Unit, guiding the Africa team, and collaborating with other Business Units and Practice Areas to co-create and implement joint go-to-market strategies.
Your role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Account management
- Be the face of Sattva in Africa by representing Sattva at online and offline events, conferences, workshops, client engagements, and other public forums in the African region. Additionally, anchoring ecosystem relationships and actively expanding Sattva’s partnerships with African impact networks.
- Develop and execute the Go-To-Market strategy for Sattva in Africa and help establish product-market fit for Sattva’s product and service offerings. Additionally, you will lead and grow key existing accounts and build relationships with key customer segments with a predominant African market focus and develop inroads into emerging markets in African countries.
- Establish the thought leadership agenda for Sattva in Africa and contribute to publishing whitepapers, case studies, IP creation and thought leadership that can further Sattva’s presence in the above markets.
- Demonstrate consistent delivery excellence through leading account delivery, growth of current products and services, and establishment of new areas of work. You will own delivery, internal/client governance, client satisfaction improvement, client escalations, and continuous improvement and will focus on developing more robust and deeper client relationships.
Sattva Media and Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
#294/295, 2nd Floor, Amar Jyothi Layout
Opp to EGL Tech Park, Domlur
Bangalore – 560 071
- Lead, mentor and coach African team members to ensure that they have the necessary skills, knowledge, and support to perform their roles effectively. You will be responsible for people-related activities, including recruitment, career growth, learning and development with support from the People Team. Additionally, you will create and maintain a positive work environment that promotes employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Strategic initiatives and internal collaboration
- Operationalise strategic initiatives for the growth of the Africa unit and participate actively in collective decision-making across all Clients, Members and Business/Operations. You will contribute to the design and development of key strategic initiatives such as ecosystem platforms, centres of excellence, L&D, etc across key areas of focus in healthcare, agriculture, women’s economic empowerment and related areas.
- Collaborate with the Sattva Leadership and other Business Units and Practice Areas to establish a joint go-to-market strategy and engage with the ecosystem and deliver projects. c. Develop a strong sales and proposal engine for all competitive sales by Sattva, measured by volume, throughput, business size and growth, and client acquisition.
- Build, structure and develop knowledge to share internally within the organisation. WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for individuals who align with our mission to alleviate poverty in our lifetime and have the following:
- 12-15 years of work experience in the development sector in Africa; prior consulting and/or entrepreneurship experience preferred but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills with experience in managing cross-cultural teams, creating knowledge products, and engaging with the ecosystem
- Strong business development skills with deep experience and interest in engaging in sales calls and developing and owning proposals, pitch decks, and pricing
- Established networks with impact orgs (global foundations, multilateral organisations, iNGOs, DFIs, and social enterprises) in Africa
- Knowledge of the international development landscape with an increased focus on Africa, including an in-depth understanding of the roles of various stakeholders (government, academia, international institutions, foundations, non-profits, social enterprises and corporate organisations) and funder priorities across key sectors in Africa
- Expertise in designing and implementing advisory projects, data analysis, synthesising evidence, and building narratives to further policy engagement
- Passion for creating systemic, sustainable, and scalable social impact
- Ability to work in an agile and adaptive, entrepreneurial environment
- Humility, willingness to listen, learn and adapt
- Willingness to travel to other African countries and around the world
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (in English) with exceptional attention to detail; proficiency in French and local languages preferred
We are an equal-opportunity employer and cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees. All applications regardless of race, religion, caste, colour, place of origin, gender, sexuality, disability, and age will be welcome and will be fairly evaluated as per the requirements of the role.
At Sattva, we also provide additional support for limitations related to physical or mental disability. If you need reasonable additional support to apply for a position or participate in the interview process, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.