About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Market Access department is an agribusiness that works for smallholder farmers, focusing on high-value crops such as macadamia and avocados. As Sales and Accounts Lead, you will create and develop strategic relationships with local and international off-takers, connecting smallholder farmer-produced goods to markets. You will report to the Head of Kenya Market Access (Tupande Soko).
- Define a sales and marketing strategy for Tupande Soko in each value chain
- Identify buyers, negotiate terms and sign forward contracts with local and international buyers to enable the Soko department to achieve profits.
- Communicate buyer requirements to the Soko team regarding specifications, delivery requirements, quality, food safety, and certifications.
- Ensure that the departments meet sales targets across all value chains.
- Become the face of the Soko department by engaging both buyers and value chain partners through trade fairs, buyer visits, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
- Manage the Account Management workstream in the Sales Team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6 years of work experience in international sales and account management
- Understanding of export-oriented and domestic agricultural markets
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Demonstrated track record in building and closing sales pipelines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to represent One Acre Fund and its interests externally
- Fluency with digital tools
- Minimum Education: Bachelor in Business Management or related field
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Flexible – Kenya, US or Europe. Expect frequent international travel to attend trade events, and visit customers and One Acre Fund operations.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
11 April 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.