The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises nearly 300 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries.
This role is based in Mexico City, Mexico and will report to the Technology and Training Manager who is based out of our Washington, DC office.
The operations coordinator will assist the Technology and Training Manager with employee onboarding/offboarding, training, technical support, and inventory management. The ideal candidate will have experience providing tier on technical support, employee onboarding, and ability to quickly learn new technical platforms. They will be a self-starter, motivated, organized, and have a proven track record with taking initiative and completing tasks on time.
- Maintain active employee/vendor lists and monitor access to program technical platforms.
- Ensure all new hires receive necessary equipment, have accounts and licenses setup, all required documentation submitted , and have a training schedule by date of hire.
- Schedule orientation meetings for new hires and exit interviews for departing employees.
- Ensure all exiting employees have completed employee offboarding checklist, returned all equipment, and have access removed to all platforms.
- Maintain the slack birthday bot, ensuring each employee’s anniversary and birthday dates are kept active and staff receive congratulatory messages.
- Coordinate all program purchased laptops and peripherals: ordering new equipment, maintaining inventory records, and coordinating any laptop repairs.
- Monitor all user technical support request, address tier 1 issues and escalate higher tier issues to the Technology and Training Manager.
- Assist Technology and Training Manager with updating training material, provide tech training and assist with implementation and researching of new tech platforms.
- Prepare vendor invoices for payment, maintain invoice trackers to ensure all invoices are paid on time.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Information Systems
- 2-3 years in operational role in employee onboarding or tech support
- Is highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with an international organization highly preferred
This position will be hired for and be an employee of a local partner in Mexico and is open to local candidates only.