About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund relies on grant funding to support our operations but also takes on debt to finance our working capital needs. You will join the Investor Relations team, which manages our debt needs, identifies and grows relationships with lenders, and advises on capital structure and liquidity management.
The Investor Relations (IR) team is a team of 3 people, based in New York & Kigali, and part of the larger Finance Division. You will report to the Investor Relations Senior Manager to independently develop a pipeline of debt investments.
- Raise Debt: You will manage our US retail notes program with 40+ investors and $12m outstanding. You will define the strategy of the program and grow the program to support our increased debt needs.
- Lender Relationship Management Support and Due Diligence: You will manage relationships with impact investing lenders. You will prepare materials for lenders to support due diligence and proposal submissions. You will create and manage the team’s marketing materials.
- Cross-team collaboration: You will collaborate with team members in other departments to achieve project goals. These projects may include financing opportunities that have a debt and grant (blended finance) component, improvements to treasury management and risk, and/or setting One Acre Fund’s financing strategy.
- You will contribute to loan reporting and compliance.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and investing in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we seek someone with 7+ years of experience raising money from impact investors, and a passion for our mission. You are encouraged to apply if you:
- Have fundraising/debt raising experience in a recognized non-profit, bilateral or multilateral organization, or capital markets experience
- Have experience in corporate finance and financial statement analysis
- Speak the language of business in the context of social enterprises
- Hold an undergraduate or Graduate degree in a relevant field. Finance degrees and MBAs are encouraged.
- Have a high level of English fluency.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
New York, USA
Health insurance and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of the USA
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed continuously until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace