The Financial Analyst will support investment analysis and due diligence for Isidro Investments LLC (“Isidro”), a wholly owned impact investing vehicle that provides loans to agricultural SMEs in Central America.
We are looking for a candidate who has extremely strong financial analytical skills. This includes a solid understanding of financial statement review and analysis. In addition, the successful applicant will be a strong collaborator, with the ability to work effectively as part of a small team, including with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Investment Analysis and Financial Modeling
- Support due diligence (including business plan review and financial analysis) for Isidro pipeline opportunities.
- Build and manage financial models to support analysis of Isidro pipeline opportunities.
- Draft investment memoranda and support transaction negotiation and execution for impact investing opportunities.
- Perform Isidro country risk assessments and know-your-customer reviews related to Isidro partners and investees.
Research & Tools
- As needed, support in-depth market research and analysis for Isidro target countries.
- Continuously improve and refine internal tools and processes, including financial models, due diligence checklists, and other resources.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or another relevant field required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in agricultural lending, investment banking or impact investing.
- Prior experience working with agricultural value chains strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
Required Languages – English and Spanish fluency required
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptionally strong analytical and organizational skills; quantitative modeling expertise required.
- Exceptional writer with expert command of English and Spanish grammar.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, results oriented environment; ability to multi-task across various work streams/priorities.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Team player with a positive attitude who can work independently while also being highly collaborative and open.
- Excellent attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and consideration of follow-through. Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills, including fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.