Overview: The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) seeks a consultant for a 2 year period to conduct the monitoring and evaluation requirements as part of a USAID-funded regranting facility supporting entrepreneurship development organizations in Guatemala and the overall project.
Background: ANDE’s Guatemala Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (GEDI) is a 3-year project that seeks to foster a more robust entrepreneurial ecosystem to bring economic prosperity to communities heavily affected by migration within Guatemala. The project is funded by USAID and the Ford Foundation. A main component of the project is the GEDI Fund, which provides grants ranging from $250,000 – $1 million to entrepreneurial support organizations (ESOs) to develop or expand large-scale ecosystem-strengthening initiatives that help SGBs to access capital and markets. In addition to the two subgranting mechanisms, GEDI also supports
Scope: ANDE seeks consulting support for the following tasks:
- Ensure that ANDE’s monitoring and evaluation plan meets various USAID requirements, and make adjustments as needed.
- Implement ANDE’s monitoring and evaluation plan by communicating with ANDE’s subgrantee the various data requirements and reporting methods, and then following up regularly with each grantee to ensure this data is being reported on time and accurately.
- Consolidate grantee data into monitoring and evaluation reports in a format that can be submitted to USAID in regular funder reports.
- Draft and assist in writing quarterly reports – 1 quarterly report (general) and 1 quarterly reports (RCS and CMMS).
- Populate databases related to USAID reporting – including submitting metrics into the USAID metrics systems (DIS) associated with each earmark fund.
- Lead regular learn and reflection sessions in regular intervals with the project staff and report.
- Checks and monitoring visits to subgrantees alongside the ANDE GEDI staff and conduct Data Quality Checks (DQA) for subgrantee projects.
- Assist with indicator and MEL alignment with other funders “crowded into” the GEDI project.
- Draft and author 2 subgrant learning reports following the completion of the two subgrant funds.
- Assist with other levels of full-project monitoring and evaluation outside the subgrantee process, such as tracking ecosystem impact, event satisfaction, and other metrics.
Level of Effort: Approximately 20-30 hours per week, with possibly more hours depending on report timelines, check-ins, or other project milestones
Qualifications: It is expected that this work is most suitable to an independent consultant, based in Guatemala. ANDE seeks consultant with:
- Experience with managing monitoring and evaluation for USAID-funded projects;
- Familiarity with key USAID-funded MEL requirements, such as DQA, CLA, and earmark reporting systems, including experience with the DIS system;
- Knowledge of the small and growing business support ecosystem, including acceleration services, business development services, and investment;
- Knowledge of impact measurement regarding climate action and gender equality;
- A collaborative attitude, as this work will be done in close consultation with ANDE’s Central America & Mexico Chapter, the Senior Impact Analyst and the ANDE GEDI team
- Bilingual (writing, speaking) in English and Spanish skills.
- Ability to travel domestically in Guatemala.
Timeline: The consultant will begin in November 2022 and continue through the end of the project in September 2024.
Proposals: Applicants should submit a proposal of not more than 2 pages as well as a CV listing relevant experience and qualifications. The proposal should include a clear and detailed description of the consultant’s experience conducting monitoring and evaluation, ideally for USAID or other government-funded projects. The proposal should include an hourly rate or overall budget.
Please submit proposals by October 30, 2022 to email@example.com.