The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
THE ASPEN NETWORK OF DEVELOPMENT ENTREPRENEURS (ANDE)
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE), a program of the Aspen Institute, is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in developing economies. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, ANDE believes that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty.
ANDE is looking for a Membership Programs and Events Intern for the Brazil Chapter. This role will be based in Brazil with hybrid and remote work options possible.
The ideal candidate enjoys administrative work and will be excited about executing logistical tasks for local programs, events and communication. The tasks could range from running an event about Impact Investing in Brazil to assisting the Brazil chapter head with the management of programs such as focus on gender equality for the SGB sector and coordinating the monthly newsletter, social media posts of the chapter.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day work involves a wide variety of administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment, from handling communication to updating the membership database.
- Working closely with the chapter head in organizing local events such as coffee with members, member´s happy hour, member visits to Projects and hosting virtual events for members.
- Engaging with and assisting with the implementation of the communications strategy and all communication tasks (newsletter, LinkedIn, website, invites, etc.), including drafting and refining communications, content curation, and coordinating the comms provider.
- Leading specific project initiatives such as the AGEI Learning Communities in Brazil and supporting the Impact Investing Report.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- University student in international relations, communications, business administration, economy, and others, interested in providing administrative support in NGOs setting and logistics for projects, events, and communications.
- Organized and detail-oriented: excels at handling multiple priorities, has great attention to detail, is forward-thinking and loves developing and keeping processes on track.
- Strong relationship management skills: Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Event management skills: Ability to support the planning and execution of both large and small events, with a knack for technology.
- Administrative skills: Administrator with a love for organization, clear processes, and work plans.
- Time management skills: Excels at time management, completing tasks at a high level of quality.
- Sector interest: Interested in learning more about entrepreneurship in developing economies, and how ANDE’s work supports the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Tech Savvy: Ready to take on new technologies and own technology processes. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- This position is based in Brazil. All applicants must have current authorization to work in Brazil.
R$ 1.400 monthly for 4 hours a week
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.