The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. With an office in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Finance & Operations Coordinator will perform a broad range of budgeting, accounting, financial and operational functions for East and Southeast Asia and India Chapters. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of general accounting and finance practices, excellent interpersonal skills with and a proactive work style. They will be a self-starter, motivated, organized, and have a proven track record with taking initiative and completing tasks on time.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand, and will report to the East and Southeast Asia Chapter Manager and Finance Manager at headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Maintain ANDE-internal project-related records, including contracts, invoices, and receipts.
- Collect and document all employee receipts and review employee expense reports prior to submission for payment, ensuring compliance with travel policies and grant requirements.
- Serve as the point person to submit requests for payment to local host and authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related account.
- Review employee travel advances, expense reports, timesheets, and general expenses.
- Maintain ANDE-internal vendor payment trackers and outstanding account payables.
- Input transactions into monthly ANDE-internal excel based financial tracking database, allocating expenses across a variety of funding sources and reconciling with local host records and bank accounts.
- Prepare ANDE-internal grant-related invoices and sub-recipient reporting templates.
- Maintain up to date and accurate forecasting in forecasting templates.
- Serve as point of contact with local host to set up employee payroll, get signatures for grant agreement and employment contracts and employment verifications.
- Manage tax documents for vendors and employees.
- Serve as point of contact with employee health insurance agent and manage setup and cancelation of policy for new and terming employees.
- Make general business purchases such as business cards, laptops, office supplies and furniture as needed.
- The work routine involves flexible hours to enable communications with our international staff, particularly our Finance Department in our Washington, D.C. headquarters. A remote work structure is a possibility.
- This position is based in Thailand. All applicants must have current authorization to work in Thailand.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Finance with 2-4 years of experience.
- Extensive experience with financial record keeping, budgets, accounts payable procedures, and resolving variances.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Is highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with an international organization highly preferred.
- The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.