The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises nearly 300 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries.
ANDE is looking for a Technology and Training Manager, based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time position.
The Technology and Training Manager will have in depth knowledge of ANDE’s technology systems and understand how the systems contribute to the goals of the program. This role will support staff in the US as well as eight international Chapter locations. They will be responsible for ensuring that all program managed technology systems are working appropriately and that all staff have necessary training and support to work effectively within these systems.
- Oversee the operations of program-wide system ensuring systems are functioning appropriately and key updates are performed smoothly and with minimal interruptions to daily program operations.
- Supervise operations coordinator.
- Project Manage modifications and upgrades to existing systems ensuring that the systems are meeting program teams needs and are consistency with Aspen ITS policies and procedures.
- Oversee software development projects performed by external vendors ensuring projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and meet organizational and technical requirements.
- Serve as an administrator for our program managed software and work with contractors when more senior level updates are required.
- Manage department budget and forecasting. Maintain active vendor contracts and ensure all invoices paid on time.
- Ensure all user support requests are resolved in a timely manner. Identify whether user requests are related to training, systems issues, or hardware and work toward finding a long-term solution.
- Supervise the purchase of all laptops and peripherals for the program and ensure all inventory records are accurate and up to date.
- Manage technology onboarding process for new hires. Ensuring all new hires take all required training and follow up on any questions or issues staff have while using the software.
- Ensure that all tech platforms have up to date training videos or manuals and work with department leads to update or improve training material, as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration with a focus on MIS, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university, with a master’s degree desirable.
- Five years of IT management experience, or supervisory experience in a similar capacity.
- Salesforce administration certification a plus.
- Broad experience in managing IT or related activities in the nonprofit/association sector a plus.
- Experience designing and delivering training to non-IT staff.
- Extensive familiarity with Salesforce, preferably in the non-profit space.
- Experience with WordPress highly desired.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch, and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget.
- Comfortable with developing and supporting solutions across time zones for remote/international workers.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills.
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.