Responsible and Sustainable Business Manager – Thomson Reuters Foundation
This 2-year FTC will be based from our office in London
About the Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is the corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. We believe that societies around the world should be free, fair, and informed. We work to advance media freedom, raise awareness of human rights issues, and foster more inclusive economies. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique services to drive systemic change.
Inclusive Economies Focus Area
The Responsible and Sustainable Business Manager will sit within our Inclusive Economies team, a dynamic and growing team within the Thomson Reuters Foundation. This team forms the hub of expertise on responsible and sustainable business practices as well as the impact of technology on society for the Foundation. Additionally, the team leads on engaging and convening key stakeholders, bringing together thought leaders across sectors to create a collaborative ecosystem. We work across the Foundation teams employing a unique blend of our expertise in journalism, media development, legal research and convenings. We seek to foster responsible and sustainable business practices, raise awareness of the impact of technology on society, data privacy and data-led discrimination.
About the Role
As Responsible and Sustainable Business Manager at the Thomson Reuters Foundation, you will:
- Work closely with the Foundation’s project managers to deliver and manage the ‘responsible and sustainable business model’ pillar. To do this, you’ll focus on projects addressing labour rights, just transition and the ‘S’ in ESG in countries such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh and Colombia.
- Oversee the content and strategic delivery of multi-stakeholder and private sector convenings. Here, you’ll research and map trends to deliver outstanding and relevant content for programmes and convenings.
- Develop and oversee the drafting of papers for convenings and thought leadership activities.
- Identify key speakers and prepare briefings and questions for panels and convenings.
- Develop private sector engagement strategies for different projects and across the Foundation.
- Build excellent relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, including expanding our network of responsible businesses and expert NGOs.
- Feed into global initiatives such as our Trust Conference as well as other global convenings and outputs, in addition to project design and fundraising proposals.
- Feed into the development of the Inclusive Economies team’s private sector engagement strategy, templates, and map processes to build successful relationships with the private sector.
We’re looking for a strategic, dynamic, and knowledgeable individual with proven experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about business and human rights (fair labour practices, inequality, sustainability, and just transition). Understanding of international standards on business and human rights and climate.
- Excellent programme design and organisational skills including the ability to manage effectively multiple matters and projects in a fast-paced environment, with a high degree of creative and flexible thinking
- Experience in researching topics, speakers and key issues on business and human rights and responsible and sustainable business. Ability to scope research and delivery partners and oversee their work providing timely and strategic feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (including report writing, brief writing and editing skills) with excellent attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in scoping and developing opportunities and partnerships with the private sector, engaging them in multi-stakeholder convenings around good practices to implement change.
- Experience in ESG with a focus on social issues.
Please note: applications must be submitted by 23:59 on Sunday 11th September 2022. Early applications are encouraged.
What’s in it For You?
At the Thomson Reuters Foundation, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Perspective and Impact: Interested in working for a dynamic global organization with a focus on social impact? With hubs all over the world from Bangkok to Madrid to Rio de Janeiro, join a truly international team with a shared goal of helping to build societies around the world that are free, fair and informed.
- A Unique Approach: Our expertise in media and the law is world class; we combine the power of both to address the critical issues faced by humanity.
- Our Relevance: With a focus on advancing media freedom, fostering more inclusive economies and promoting human rights, our work has never been more needed than right now.
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market-leading benefits.
- Learning & Development: We are dedicated to the continual professional development of our employees and offer access to both in-house and external training opportunities.