We are looking for an exceptional, hands-on, results-focused Senior Operations and Traffic Manager to take full ownership of optimising all operations, systems and processes for our client programmes and published products. Our new team member thrives in an environment where quality and impact matter, where constant learning and improvement is baked into how we work, and clients and participants are always delighted. This person is passionate about entrepreneurship and is a high performer with experience in multi-faceted media and/or training businesses that are scaling.
About the role
In this role, you’ll manage, coordinate and ensure alignment of all programme and publishing deliverables in terms of timelines and resource capacity planning of a small but growing team of consultants in the African entrepreneurial and investment space. You will take ownership of improving or implementing systems, processes and communications to ensure smooth delivery of programmes and products.
Location: Cape Town, and at least 2 days a week at our office in Woodstock.
Capacity required and duration: This is a 6-month maternity cover contract, with the possibility of going full-time.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please follow these steps:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email please indicate the role you are applying for as well as your name and surname. As part of your email, please share a motivation of your suitability for the role as well as fit for our team, and include the following documents in your application:
1. PDF versions of your up-to-date CV
2. Copy of your ID or Passport
3. Work permit and/or proof that you are legally able to work in South Africa (if you are not a South African citizen)
4. Three contactable references.
We will not consider applications where the above details/ documents are not included.
Closing date: Friday, 5 August 2022
Before you apply, take a look at our ways of working and culture. This is super important to us as a team:
- Solution Creator & Change Agility – Comfortable with fast-paced projects and deliverables, being solutions focused in attitude and delivery.
- Operational Excellence Highly organised, with great attention to detail and focused on quality delivery. Able to successfully prioritise, while managing various types of activities concurrently.
- Effective Communication & Engagement – Comfortable with being highly collaborative, communicative and flexible when it comes to delivery. A people’s person with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and online).
- Self Starter & Ownership – An independent worker, yet a team player. We expect you to take ownership of your deliverables, while still working with the broader team. Comfortable with taking initiative and working without much supervision, but also comfortable to ask for help where required.
- Growth Mindset & Innovation – Hungry to learn and develop. Good self awareness and emotional intelligence. Positive outlook with regards to failure and the associated learnings from them.
- Digital Savvy Team Collaborator – Skilled at using a range of digital / online collaboration tools such as Asana, Slack, Miro and Zoom Pro would be ideal.
- Have Fun! – Know how to have fun, and don’t take things too seriously.