Get in early at a cash-flow positive and scaling social good startup, and help us accelerate our growth and impact by leading the engineering on our current platform, developing our technical strategy for the future, and leading our growing tech team.
Job Description & Impact
We are looking for someone that loves building software for the web and wants to use these skills to help MovingWorlds grow its impact and revenue.
You’re the perfect candidate if you love writing code and want to (1) keep writing code; (2) Use your knowledge of emerging technology to build a plan to scale our system for its next generation, and (3) Spend time developing and supporting other team members earlier in their engineering careers.
As we are at an exciting growth point and this role will be responsible for both execution and strategy.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Plan and lead the team to build our next-generation platform
- Lead the design of technical architecture and infrastructure
- Write and maintain clean, scalable code, including performing code reviews for team members
- Align technological strategy and resources with the organization’s short and long-term goals
- Support the evolution of the product roadmap by completing feasibility analysis and technical design for new product features
- Lead and grow the skills of people on the technical team
We’re an award-winning and scaling social business that is helping build a more sustainable, just, and equitable economy and planet. We operate a global platform that connects social enterprises with corporates, peers, learning content, and a global community of pro bono professionals to deliver market-based solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.
In 2021, we were ranked as a Fast Company World Changing Idea, and in 2022, we received an award from Escape the City as the #1 Best Company to Work For.