The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises nearly 300 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries.
ANDE is looking for Financial Analyst, based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time position.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Finance Manager and is responsible for daily financial management of a portfolio of grants, events, and administrative departments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of general accounting and finance practices, excellent interpersonal skills with and a proactive work style. They will be a self-starter, motivated, organized, and have a proven track record with taking initiative and completing tasks on time.
- Project set up: initiate creation of new account codes, and prepare grant report templates in Planful (financial reporting tool)
- Prepare Quarterly financial department reporting
- Maintain up to date and accurate forecasting in Planful
- Maintain labor allocation, and personnel in Planful
- Prepare monthly Labor allocation report to redistribute staff leave time to appropriate accounts
- Prepare monthly allocation of central expenses to respective account codes
- Prepare any necessary supplemental information for funder financial reporting
- Prepare quarterly revenue transfers to fund administrative account codes
- Review biweekly timesheet data ensuring staff are adhering to budgeted allocations
- Oversees grant financial reporting and monitor grant spending
- Tracks the transfer of funds between the US and International offices
- Assists with proposal costing and ad hoc financial analysis
- Review subrecipient financial reporting: ensuring reported costs are allowable, general ledger data matches financial reports and prepare payment request
- Assist with project close out, ensuring account balance is at zero and initiate deactivation of account codes in planful and accounting system
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years of experience
- Technical experience with grants award accounting issues
- Experience with government regulations related to grants and contracts
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Non-profit or donor funded accounting experience required
- Experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with in multi-currency international programs
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.