Join our team in building practical pathways for inclusion through innovation in business and investment across the globe
Value for Women is a global social enterprise that is growing in leaps and bounds. These exciting times call for new talent in the expansion of our team of multidisciplinary, critical thinkers who appreciate and thrive in a diverse, global and constantly changing work environment, and who are committed to lending their talent and skills to an organisation that keeps on growing and evolving.
Working with Value for Women
Our organisation sits at the cutting edge of gender inclusion – and its practical application– in the context of inclusive business and investment practice. Joining our team will put you at the forefront of generating new ideas and practices related to gender and inclusion that drive new ways of doing business and investment. As a Global Senior Programme Associate at VFW, you will work with the best group of talent in the industry, and learn from the pro’s! The role offers an opportunity to learn-while-doing, while you apply your strong skills to working on multiple projects with a diverse set of stakeholders and team members from across the globe. You will be able to work from home flexibly. All team members at VFW manage their own time across time zones and are all results driven. This is often optimal for parents and for working toward work-life balance.
Since forming in 2012, we have grown from a team of 3 to a team of over 30 consultants that work from over 15 countries across the globe. We are particularly proud of the multitude of projects we engage in with our long term partners and clients- in impact investing, sustainable energy, sustainable agriculture, financial inclusion, gender lens investing, inclusive entrepreneurship and other areas; by way of offering training, advisory, research, evaluation and technical assistance. We devise public-facing tools and products that help investors improve their focus on gender; that help businesses go from intention to action on gender and social inclusion, while taking geographical context into account. Our team works across multiple time zones, and geographies to collaborate on teams and on projects that deliver not only to the highest quality standards, but also that contribute to moving the broader market forward on gender and social inclusion. Joining this team will offer the chance for your collaborative, innovative and team-building skills to shine.
Diversity & Inclusion
At VFW, we believe that our entire team is key to helping us achieve our mission and vision. We value having a diverse mix of talented problem-solvers at our organisation and we aim for the composition of our team to reflect the diverse nature of both the work we carry out, and the world we live in and are striving to change. At present, we are a diverse group with a wide range of backgrounds including gender, race, ethnicity, geography, cultures and beliefs, as well as experience and education’ and our hiring practices aim to deepen that. We encourage applications from candidates that are from and live in the countries we work in (primarily Africa, Asia, Latin America) as well as individuals identifying as Black, Afro-descendent and/ or as People of Colour. Application success is based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or (dis)ability.
What does a Global Senior Programme Associate do at Value for Women?
The Global Senior Programme Associate will play an integral role in driving the organization’s efforts to deliver and measure the impact of our consultancy projects across the globe. We seek someone to help us anticipate company needs, and to help solve organizational challenges and daily issues that arise. This will help ensure cohesive, effective organizational communication and management by directly supporting the implementation teams. The Global Senior Programme Associate will also coordinate organizational monitoring and learning initiatives and help to implement strategic initiatives identified by the Senior Management Team.
This role will be exposed to most of the organization and, although will be primarily focused on assuring the quality of our delivery of advisory services, the Global Senior Programme Associate will also have the opportunity to work supporting key strategic initiatives.
The Global Senior Programme Associate will focus on implementing multiple consulting projects, assignments and learning initiatives. The ideal person will be an expert problem solver who is quick to adapt and be flexible to changing realities. They will be a solid communicator, an innovative thinker and have relationship management skills. They will be able to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders; including groups of investors and asset holders, CEOs of small and growing businesses, and their respective consumers / beneficiaries. Our team works best with people who interact positively, who are results-based, entrepreneurial and client-centered.
Where does this role fit into the organization?
The Global Senior Programme Associate will report into our Director of Advisory Services. There are no others reporting to this role at this time.
How much does this role pay?
VFW hires self-employed individuals exclusively, and remuneration is based on a daily rate, to be determined based on factors such as 1) Previous experience 2) Location and global market rates. VFW strives to pay competitive rates that account for cost of living, which differs across countries and regions.
More about the Global Senior Programme Associate responsibilities
Specifically, we seek someone to:
- (60%) Supports the gender lens advisory services team to deliver timely, high quality and data-backed projects. Supports the strategy, operations, delivery and tracking efforts of VFW’s Advisory Services (AS), which are all client-facing consulting projects currently delivered by our Global Team
- Support the Director of Advisory Services in day to day management of a portfolio of projects, clients and VFW’s teams
- Supports tracking and management of resources and budgets for Advisory Service (AS) (including but not limited to the structuring of project teams, allocating and tracking resources for projects and consulting teams)
- Provides operational support to the implementing teams. This includes: calendar/meeting scheduling, supporting kick off and close out calls internally and with partners
- Supports and offers assurance for project work plan development (vis a vis advisory delivery teams)
- Owns the project management workspace within PM Software Systems (Currently Asana), ensuring that all projects are tracked and up to date as per the VFW internal requirements
- Tracks knowledge products and skill inventories, supports and drives the coordination of consulting team activities for learning and development
- Supports learning and monitoring by way of output and outcome tracking across all areas of advisory service delivery as well as consolidating this information into quarterly reporting
- Ensures communication and linkages between AS , Business Development (BD) and Business Support Services as well as other areas of the organization
- Supporting ad hoc special projects as determined by the Director of Advisory services from time to time
- (30%) Contribute to the growth and impact of the organization by supporting Support the delivery, tracking and measuring of VFW’s Business Development Efforts
- Supports the Director of Strategy & Development on VFW’s Business Development efforts through identification of new opportunities, analysis of industry and partner trends
- Supports the development of BD opportunity identification, design and submission/application, under the direction of the SMT. This includes Advisory Services (i.e. consulting project proposals) and supporting grant writing. It includes project management -style support for the development of BD proposals (running point on uniting documentation and content required), compiling internal information for submission, as well as submitting these on behalf of the organization via email or platforms where required (ie, UN agencies)
- Supports BD tracking (win, loss, success rate, type, etc) and pipeline tracking – integrates key data and information into Advisory Services planning and to overarching organizational planning
- Supports the updating of organizational communications collaterals, team profiles and project information sheets as required for the purpose of proposals and pitches. This would require overlap with the work that has been specified with the Advisory Services team.
- (10%) Assists the CEO in strategic, operational, and communications activities
- Supports board governance, SMT communications and quarterly reporting processes
- Supports Board meeting planning and preparation
- Assists the CEO in adhoc strategic initiatives
- Supports the CEO and SMT in preparing for presentations and speaking engagements
- Supports the calendarization, organization and facilitation of team meetings to cover capacity building activities and updates
What are the requirements for this role?
The ideal candidate is a solutions driven individual, able to identify gaps and work efficiently to try and solve them. We are looking for someone who is quick to adapt to changing realities and communicates effectively across the organization.
Our team works best with people who interact positively, who are results-based, entrepreneurial and client-centered.
Additionally, we require the following background and experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally as business support or management, organizational development, as a programme or project manager or other related field
- 2+ years experience managing projects, and/or coordinating advisory service project management, ideally in the context of working with businesses, investors, and/or development finance institutions
- Experience working with Senior Management teams to support delivery of organizational activities
- Organizational change management experience and/or organizational communications experience
- Proven ability to react quickly to solve challenges and complex situations
- Data, insights and information management skills and experience
- Business operations experience is a plus
- Minimum Bachelor’s level education in Business Administration, International Development, Finance, Public Policy or related fields
- Research and writing experience is an additional asset
We also seek these attributes:
- Excellent communications skills including effective writing skills people skills and relationship management
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- High competency in juggling multiple things at once and driving them forward
- Ideally remote work and work with consulting or consulting /advisory management
- International experience- working in your own region, and across borders is desired/ideal
- Interest in any of the following areas: gender and social inclusion, DE&I, social entrepreneurship,
- Ability to stay organized and motivated, working as part of a remote international team, working independently while focusing on results and collaboration
- Problem solving and entrepreneurial acumen
- Uphold the principles of trust, equality of opportunities, transparency and collaboration
- Positive attitude and optimism about the role of small and growing businesses in generating positive social impact
- The ability to thrive in a matrix-based organizational structure; operating internationally as a distributed team across the globe
- Demonstrated alignment with Value for Women’s mission, vision and ways of working
- Learning, adapting, and demonstrating their excitement for contributing to the growth of a small and growing business with a social mission
Step 1: Submit your online application by July 31st, 2022. You will be required to upload your CV and Cover Letter. If you encounter any problem when filling out your online application, please contact us at email@example.com
Step 2: Shortlist. Our recruiting team reaches out if your profile is a match,
Step 3: Interview #1. We invite you to participate in a written interview. You are asked to upload your responses or send them back to us within 2-3 days. You can always ask for more time if you have other existing commitments already scheduled.
Step 4: Interview #2. Candidates then move to the short -shortlist, and are asked for a 45 minute video call interview. This is a chance for you to ask us questions too.
Step 5: Final Interview! This is the really short- shortlist, and you are a finalist.
While we do our best to make this 5-step process quick, it can take up to 2 months to get to Step 5, depending on how many amazing applicants we receive. We appreciate your interest and patience. You can always reach out to ask about the status of your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we do our best to offer feedback to unsuccessful candidates, this is not always possible due to the volume of applications we receive.
Check us out on www.v4w.org and @ValueforWomen