Rippleworks Foundation provides high-growth social ventures the practical support they need to improve more lives. Rippleworks’ programs directly support 200+ fast growing, deeply impactful social ventures around the world through three core initiatives:
Rippleworks Projects: Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where social ventures tackle top operational priorities by working alongside industry-leading executives who bring deeply relevant entrepreneurial experience.
Rippleworks Leaders Studio: Rippleworks designs and delivers expert-led learning programs designed specifically for social venture leaders. Rippleworks partners with leading industry executives to run interactive, results-driven learning programs where social venture leaders gain the critical skills they need to deliver impact at scale.
Rippleworks Capital: Rippleworks provides hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$3M range), and has distributed $50M+ to scaling social ventures since 2018.
We are a 30+ person team on a mission to help impactful ventures thrive. We strive to create the best possible workplace for purpose-driven professionals to make an outsized difference in the world: learning, growing, and having fun together along the way. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our work. It’s a key part of our 5-year strategy and shows up every day in the way our team partners and collaborates. We seek individuals to join our team who are equally as committed.
Rippleworks has been named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies (by Fast Company) and one of the world’s Best Workplaces for Innovators (by Fast Company and Accenture). Learn more on our Careers Page.
The Marketing Manager will play a key role in building a first-class marketing team at Rippleworks focused on increasing awareness and support for world-changing social ventures, as they seek to scale and maximize their opportunity to improve lives.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications this person will focus on driving strategic marketing programs that support Rippleworks Projects, Leaders Studio, and Capital initiatives. Additionally the Marketing Manager will support thought leadership and internal communications campaigns.
This is an ideal role for someone who thrives in a start-up environment, is passionate about entrepreneurship and social impact, embraces opportunities for strategic storytelling and has a successful track record developing and driving content marketing campaigns (including measurement).
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Plan Development & Execution. Develop and execute annual marketing plans that support core initiatives (Projects, Leaders Studio and Capital) in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications. Includes strategic planning, messaging and campaign development, driving execution and analyzing results to inform learnings.
- Content Development. Create engaging web content that captures the impact and inspiration of Rippleworks activities supporting high impact social ventures in the US and around the world. This includes working with internal teams to gather content, collecting assets, managing web production and developing creative concepts leveraging audio, visual and or/written assets.
- Channel Management and Distribution. Develop channel strategy and distribute content on social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), writing and managing posts, and analyzing and reporting on metrics to optimize distribution and impact.
- Design and Copywriting. Develop (design and copywriting) printed and digital marketing materials for website, email blasts, social media and collateral material.
- Internal Communications. Contribute to the development and execution of internal communications plans and activities.
- Partner with consultants. Coordinate with web and design consultants – including development of creative briefs, project management, and setting and tracking metrics.
- Be a thought partner to shape the future of the Rippleworks marketing team. Directly contribute to shaping our strategy, impact, and team culture. Surface opportunities to better support internal clients, identify opportunities to engage new audiences and/or ensure our work reflects our inclusivity goals
- Metrics and measurement. Partner with the Director of Marketing & Communications to achieve marketing OKRs and KPIs. Track and report on metrics for all marketing activities
About Your Skills
- Writing and storytelling. You can translate business speak into compelling, inspired writing.
- Digital content production. You are savvy with digital channels, everything from creating engaging websites to understanding how to thrive on social media platforms.
- Organization and multitasking. You have excellent organization and project management skills, with the ability to keep an eye on the big picture.
- Verbal and written communication. Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Relationship-building. Working with internal and external audiences (team members, customers, media, peer organizations) to identify opportunities to communicate and increase awareness for the Rippleworks mission.
Core competencies for all Rippleworks employees
- Customer Focus: You have a customer-first mentality (both internal and external customers) and seek out opportunities to stay close to our customers to understand and meet their evolving needs.
- Agile Learning: You continuously and actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills: You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. You use deep empathy to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment and are particularly attuned to different and at times competing stakeholder needs and requirements. You treat everyone fairly and equitably.
- Managing Ambiguity: You’re able to navigate dynamic, changing situations and make decisions or create a path forward with imperfect or incomplete information. You Remain calm when things are up in the air; comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Driving for Meaningful Results: You consistently and effectively deliver, and mobilize others to deliver, results as well as identify ways to improve that make a positive impact.
- 6 + years of work experience, ideally with one or more of the following: strategic planning, content marketing, web production, social media marketing, or editorial/copywriting.
- Experience with: WordPress or similar content management systems, social media management platforms (eg: Hootsuite), Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Track record of impeccable judgment with the ability to engage and support others in a reliable and consistent way that fosters trust; knowledge of how to safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong communicator- demonstrates written, verbal and listening skills.
- Preferred: Spanish language skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to improving diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Rippleworks. Candidates from racially underrepresented and marginalized groups (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply. Rippleworks also complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t take a pay cut to do good in the world! We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, flexible PTO (non-accrued vacation), wellness/self-care stipends, Spotify premium accounts, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give a $50K grant to a local community nonprofit doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions.
- A culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A flexible, hybrid remote work environment in which team members have flexible time off, set their own work hours, and decide whether to work remotely or in an office
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values learning together, recurring Slack jokes, and debating where to go to lunch (when we’re in person together!)