Rippleworks Foundation provides high-growth social ventures the practical support they need to improve more lives. Rippleworks’ programs directly support 200+ fast growing, deeply impactful social ventures around the world through three core initiatives:
Rippleworks Projects: Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where social ventures tackle top operational priorities by working alongside industry-leading executives who bring deeply relevant entrepreneurial experience.
Rippleworks Leaders Studio: Rippleworks designs and delivers expert-led learning programs designed specifically for social venture leaders. Rippleworks partners with leading industry executives to run interactive, results-driven learning programs where social venture leaders gain the critical skills they need to deliver impact at scale.
Rippleworks Capital: Rippleworks provides hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$3M range), and has distributed $50M+ to scaling social ventures since 2018.
We are a 30+ person team on a mission to help impactful ventures thrive. We strive to create the best possible workplace for purpose-driven professionals to make an outsized difference in the world: learning, growing, and having fun together along the way. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our work. It’s a key part of our 5-year strategy and shows up every day in the way our team partners and collaborates. We seek individuals to join our team who are equally as committed.
Rippleworks has been named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies (by Fast Company) and one of the world’s Best Workplaces for Innovators (by Fast Company and Accenture). Learn more on our Careers Page
Learning and growth is at the heart of our work to build a world class foundation and social impact leaders that will assist ventures to achieve their potential helping people around the world. This Learning & Growth (L&G) Partner will help us build a culture of continuous learning and growth that supports long-term leadership development in service of impact.
The L&G Partner will join the Rippleworks People Team and report to the Head of People and Culture. The L&G Partner will be responsible for the development and delivery of all learning and growth initiatives, coaching and leadership development across Rippleworks, as well as partner with managers and their teams to ensure useful career frameworks (both universal and functional) and learning paths supporting.
Ultimately the L&G Partner is responsible to ensure Rippleworks keeps our core value of learning at the heart of all we do, while being a primary culture carrier as we scale our diverse, inclusive, mission-driven team. This includes but is not limited to managing our bi-annual L&G cycle, ongoing feedback, career frameworks and role-specific learning paths, leadership training, coaching, and team building.
Specifically you will,
- Partner with the Head of People and Culture and the management team to establish Rippleworks as an exemplar learning organization. Contribute to Rippleworks overall learning and growth strategy and build out learning pathways for the immediate and future states of core initiatives.
- Manage career frameworks and bi-annual L&G cycles, including the design and ongoing improvement of self-reflection and manager assessment tool, systems management (Lattice), training for all employees and people managers around L&G conversations, and individual development plans.
- Partner with Executive Team leaders and people managers to support ongoing learning and growth, including fostering continuous feedback and coaching.
- Partner with managers to support the development of careers at Rippleworks. Set development goals, explore and engage with learning opportunities, foster mentorship and help employees create long-term career paths across Rippleworks.
- Lead, develop, deliver and/or source leadership development and training for all people managers, including Managing @ Rippleworks 101, Manager Essentials for new people managers, Quarterly Manager Dens, Manager as Coach training, etc. Serve as a coach to people managers at all levels.
- Facilitate team building sessions, and deliver team training using DiSC or other assessment tools as needed.
- Partner with the Equity Team, drivers of Rippleworks DEI and anti-racist education, to support and serve as a resource on our ongoing DEI learning journey.
- Assess learning needs for new and existing employees across Rippleworks and translate competency gaps into training and learning activities that will increase knowledge, build skills and foster high-quality work and growth.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts regarding employee learning needs related to critical competencies and internal processes, and build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure effectiveness of learning initiatives to ensure the relevance and application of skills. Periodically evaluate ongoing training programs to ensure that they reflect any organizational changes.
About Your Skills
- Expertise in Learning & Development: Solid knowledge across all aspects of learning, professional development, facilitation and leadership development. You are experienced at designing and implementing lightweight yet highly effective learning and development, leadership and DEI programs and training in pursuit of honoring an organization’s values and culture. Accountable for our learning and growth initiatives and manage its success.
- Culture Ambassador: You appreciate and role model our values (Impact, People, Experimentation, Learning, and Fun). You care deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion and this guides your own behaviors as well as the strategies and processes that you develop and support.
- Professionalism and Integrity: You have unquestionable personal integrity and maintain a high level of professionalism and credibility throughout all of your communications and actions. People trust you to safeguard and keep confidential all sensitive information.
- Customer Focus. You have a customer-first mentality (both internal and external customers) and seek out opportunities to stay close to our customers to understand and meet their evolving needs.
- Agile Learning: You continuously and actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills: You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. You use deep empathy to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment and are particularly attuned to different and at times competing stakeholder needs and requirements. Treats everyone fairly and equitably.
- Managing Ambiguity: Navigates dynamic, changing situations and makes decisions or creates a path forward with imperfect or incomplete information. Remains calm when things are up in the air; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Driving for Meaningful Results: Consistently and effectively deliver, and mobilize others to deliver, results as well as identify ways to improve that make a positive impact.
- 8+ years of experience in learning and development/training, ideally at a blend of non-profit and high-growth tech companies.
- Demonstrated abilities in program development and assessment, manager training, DEI programming and employee development initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity, and an ability to work with and engage diverse populations/audiences.
- Strong leader and knowledge of organizational and leadership development.
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles.
- Track record of impeccable judgment with the ability to engage and support others in a reliable and consistent way that fosters trust; knowledge of how to safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- Strong communicator- demonstrates written, verbal, facilitation and listening skills. Exceptionally well organized.
- Experience working with people success/learning management tools and systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion at Rippleworks. Candidates from racially underrepresented and marginalized groups (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from developing countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply. Rippleworks also complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email email@example.com.
- Don’t take a pay cut to do good in the world! We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, parking & commuter allowance, flexible PTO (non-accrued vacation), wellness/self-care stipends, Spotify premium accounts, and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give a $50K grant to a local community nonprofit doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions.
- A culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A flexible, hybrid remote work environment in which team members have flexible time off, set their own work hours, and decide whether to work remotely or in an office
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values learning together, recurring Slack jokes, and debating where to go to lunch (when we’re in person together!