Product Development Manager @ Enviu East Africa
We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
We are looking for a full-time Product Development Manager to join our venture building team in East Africa. Someone passionate about designing and building products and services for the BOP market. Someone combining the conceptual skills of a consultant, the creative ideation skills of a product designer, and the structuring skills of a project manager.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more.
Hi, we’re Enviu
- We are a serial entrepreneur; designing, validating and building sustainable business models and ventures to drive tomorrow’s economy.
- We start from the fundamental issue that needs a solution; we envision and design a road to disruptive change
- We take action, on the ground, proving new, sustainable models and inviting others to join
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurialattitude to do so.
- We partner intensively with mission-aligned, complementary organizations of all sorts
- We have built 24 impact ventures since 2010; currently working actively on 14 ventures in different stages
- We work with ~50 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, Nairobi & Kuala Lumpur.
About the Role
With our team in Nairobi we are running several projects in agriculture, circular economy and financial inclusion. For example, within our FoodFlow program, we have developed key interventions to realize 0% post-harvest food loss. This has led to the start-up of SokoFresh (cold storage as a service), ideation of a market linkage service, and validation of the value-add processing service Shambani Pro. The upcoming years, we will be focusing on building Regenerative Agriculture businesses. In most cases, developing innovative business models through lean validation in pilots is key. As we’re starting new programs and projects, we are looking for a Product Development Lead with a strong strategic and conceptual mindset to analyze new markets, ideate innovative products and services in the form of business solutions and validate sustainable business models for scale.
- Perform in-depth primary and secondary research and root cause analysis into the issues we are targeting.
- Use design concepts & methodologies to design scalable game-changing business ideas
- Engage and work together with partners, both large and small organizations, commercial and non-commercial.
- Be a product manager who is responsible for defining the “market – value proposition – product” triangle.
- Quickly prototype and test different business models or assumptions with the target group.
- Design business concepts for scalability and replicability, leveraging technological innovation.
- Set up and structure new companies, including team, operations, financial and legal compliance, and so on.
- Plan and budget for your project
- Analyse and control of revenues, costs and margins.
- Raise funds (both grants and equity). identify funders, build financial models, prepare pitch deck, pitch venture to investors, grant-writing and support due diligence processes.
- Collaborate with the international team on strategy, finance, marketing, etc.
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in innovation, product design or similar areas
- A proven track record of at least seven years of working experience, with solid experience in developing products and services that are innovative and scalable
- Experience executing new product rollout, multi-stakeholder project management, or building a startup are an added advantage
- Experience in the fields of agritech, sustainable agriculture and the food value chain in Kenya is also an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- The ability to think conceptually and act pragmatically
- The right attitude to work with people with all kinds of backgrounds, from small farmers to investors or CEOs of multinationals.
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
- Empathy and are inquisitive.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people manager, fluent in English, can work independently and has a good sense of humour. The job will be performed in Nairobi, Kenya and we are looking for a local candidate.
What we can offer in return:
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- A job as venture builder, with purpose and societal impact.
- The opportunity to build social enterprises.
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest before 27th June through https://forms.gle/Tp6KcFahXNde91Eh8