About AHL Venture Partners:
AHL Venture Partners is a leading impact investor committed to advancing financial inclusion, energy access and food security through investment in scalable businesses across the African region. The ambitious team based in Africa aims to create value in the portfolio as well as innovate new financing products and impact approaches to meet the needs of the market.
Backed by a Swiss based HNW family, AHL is a permanent capital vehicle structured as a Limited Partnership and General Partnership out of Luxembourg. We invest in early and growth-stage companies capable of delivering impact at scale alongside healthy financial returns. AHL’s primary investment themes are financial inclusion, food & agribusiness and energy access. AHL invests in equity, venture debt and secured debt (senior and mezz), and we’re an LP in 10 funds across Africa. Our goal is to grow to >$100M in AUM in the next 3 years. We are looking for ambitious individuals to join us in building our vision.
Why should you join us?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:-Join a collaborative, local and dynamic team-Join a well capitalised fund, looking to achieve authentic and meaningful impact, while innovating our Impact, Gender and ESG strategy and processes to ensure that they create value for all stakeholders-Work with a high degree of autonomy and in an environment which celebrates entrepreneurship, innovation, and taking initiative-Enjoy a competitive package and flexible working environment
What we’re looking for:
The person will focus on overseeing a range of projects, engagements and reporting focused on AHL’s commitment to having positive impact. The ideal person will be an expert problem solver who is quick to adapt and flexible to changing realities. They will be a solid communicator, an innovative thinker and have soft skills for people engagement and management. They should have a strong bias to data and data driven decision frameworks. They will be able to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including groups of investors, donors and portfolio companies, as well as beneficiaries of our portfolio companies’ customers and population.The person will lead and manage current relationships and programs which include: portfolio value creation, technical assistance (TA)budget, Learning and Development Program, Gender lens pilot and lead additional programs and grant funding to support approved TA/Gender/Impact/ESG aligned programs.
Position Objective & Role and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities likely include, but are not limited to:
1. Impact, Gender and ESG-Strategy:
- Lead AHL’s Impact strategy. This includes developing and augmenting our Theory of Change, impact strategies and constantly pushing the impact agenda internally and externally.
- Systems, Processes & Reporting: Develop and augment all AHL IMM process (Impact measurement and management), to ensure robust and timely data collection, useful insights, and reporting.You will be responsible for producing the AHL Annual Report.
- Advocate: Be the voice of Impact with in the AHL team, fostering constructive and challenging discussions to ensure that the team stays true to its impact roots and DNA.
- Advisory: Collaborate with management and our portfolio companies to carry out research, training, advisory services and the development of a learning culture in AHL and across our portfolio.
- Thought leadership: Drive thought leadership in the impact investing space and identify where and how AHL should play in the space.
2. Portfolio Value creation and Partnership
- Technical Assistance: Working with the Head of Portfolio and Platform, to manage AHL’s TA facility, augmenting its focus areas, application and reporting processes, and service delivery partners.
- Project Management: Support the Head of Portfolio and Platform in all aspects of the implementation of AHL programs and partnerships, including, issuing requests for proposals, co-designing technical assistance projects, drafting agreements and modifications, reviewing and tracking reports and deliverables, monitoring project activities, and customer engagement. Current projects include the IMD Leadership Training and the G-Search Gender enhancement pilot.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Identify, track and verify program output and outcome indicators. Ensure adherence to approved M&E plans. Facilitate and ensure on time reporting as appropriate.
- Impact Financial Planning & Administration: Coordinate with AHL Finance team on all Impact Projects to ensure financial compliance, including expense tracking, financial forecasting, cash flow management, financial reporting and draw down requests and audit support
- Fundraising: Where applicable raise grant capital to support value creation and impact deepening initiatives.
- Support the AHL brand and communication strategy under the leadership of the Head of Portfolio & Platform. This includes our brand positioning, website, newsletters, thought articles and hosting and co-ordinating all events.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and developing content for the website, newsletter and social media platforms.
4. Other duties as assigned:
- As a member of a lean team, it is expected the person will willingly take on tasks to support the business and contribute to the overall AHL strategy.
Preferences will be given to candidates who have some of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (business, development, behavioural economics etc.)
- Relevant experience in AHL targets sectors
- Experience in development, impact investing
- Technical knowledge in IMM, Gender lens investing and/or ESG analysis
- Experience in East and Sub Sahara Africa
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply here. Email applications will not be considered. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 31st May, 2022.
Preference will be given to African National candidates.